Today I’m talking about one of my favorite topics: Professional Branding!
Specifically professional branding when making a career change.
Are you wondering:
Then you don’t want to miss today’s episode!
This episode is jam-packed full of action steps, so grab a pen and your favorite notebook and join me as I dig into how you can begin building your professional brand TODAY!
[1:07] My first job out of college and my contemplation of the big question: “What’s next?”
[5:17] What a professional brand is and what it’s NOT
[7:20] Questions to ask that will help you figure out your professional brand
[11:00] 3 steps to identify your transferable skills + some in-demand transferable skills for you to consider
[15:02] Refining your brand and why your words matter
[16:46] Places to showcase your brand + how to bring your brand to life in your LinkedIn profile and resume
[27:57] A brief summary of all the steps that will get you to your professional brand!
To begin crafting your professional brand and your overarching career story, begin working through these questions:
1. What do you stand for? Start with the end in mind—imagine your future self in your next best role and think about how you spend your day, the people in your network, and your achievements.
2. Next think about what you want someone to know about you. What are the THREE things you want someone to know about you when they first meet you?
Great, you’re on the way to creating your career story!
Now let’s talk about transferable skills. There are THREE steps in identifying YOUR transferable skills:
1. Identify the skills that you need in your next best job. Dissect 10 different job descriptions of the role that you’re interested in. Talk to people who do the work. Understand what skills and experiences are needed to be successful in your next best role.
2. Think through how you’ve done all of those skills and experiences at work or in your personal life—volunteer work counts!
3. Summarize the skills and experiences that you have and that will serve you in your new path.
Consider these in-demand transferable skills:
Resources mentioned in this episode:
Professional brand workbook download
Ultimate Guide to Transferable Skills
Hard & Soft Skills – What They Are and How to Show Them Off
Branching Out, A Guide To Refreshing Your Brand
The Roadmap to Career Fulfillment ebook
Make building your professional brand easy!
Click the image below to grab a copy of your FREE Professional Brand Workbook. Begin reimagining your future today!
Want more career wisdom? Check out these blog posts!
For more insider stories, quick tips, and #CareerTalk, I invite you to connect with me on Instagram @flourish.careers.